America University of Malta AUM Undergraduate Admissions
Visit Admissions for Universities and Colleges in Malta for Details on Admissions to other Institutions
How to Apply for Undergraduate Admissions
We know the application process to university can feel like a daunting and complex task. At the American University of Malta
, we've tried to make applying to our university as simple as possible, and while it is a relatively straightforward process, we do require several supporting documents. Below you will find an easy to follow checklist of items you will need to submit, followed with more specific information for each requirement. Questions? Feel free to contact us
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR FALL 2017:
30 May, 2017 Apply on or before this date and we will waive our €50 Application Fee and award you an admissions scholarship valued at 10% of your yearly tuition
15 July, 2017 Applications received after this date will be considered on a space-available basis
Undergraduate Application Checklist and Requirements
- Completed AUM undergraduate application
- Official secondary school records
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- SAT scores (where applicable)
- Counselor or teacher letter of recommendation
- Documentation of extracurricular activities or other achievements
- Personal statement
- Application Fee
AUM Undergraduate Application
At present, the AUM application is available for download here
. Once completed, you may submit your application form, along with the required supporting documents, by email or post.
American University of Malta
Attention: Admissions Department
Triq Dom Mintoff
DON'T FORGET that if you submit your application for admissions on or before 30 May, 2017 that AUM will waive the €50 application fee and award you an admissions discount of 10% off of your first year tuition.
Secondary School Records
You will need to submit your secondary school records along with your completed undergraduate application. If your school records are in a language other than English, you will also need to include a certified translation.
All students admitted to AUM are required to have completed 12 years of schooling and to have a minimum cumulative grade average of 80 or its equivalent.
Common secondary education certificates that AUM accepts are:
- American style high school diploma or certificate
- AP program
- British System combination of:
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and
- A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- Maltese System combination of:
- Matriculation Certificate, and
- Secondary Education Certificate (SEC) examinations in English language, Maltese and Mathematics*, and
- A/S or A Levels: three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D
- IB certificate
- Other school leaving certificate
English Language Proficiency Score
AUM classes are taught in English and, as such, AUM requires demonstrated proficiency in the language. One of the following exams will meet this requirement and you will need to enter our school code to have the results sent directly to us.
- TOEFL You are able to have your scores sent directly to us by using our school code B757
AUM accepts the following minimum TOEFL scores: PBT 550 or above iBT 79-80 or above CBT 213 or above
AUM accepts a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or above
AUM accepts a miminum reading score of 18 and English score of 20
- SAT You are able to have your results sent directly to us by using our school code 7057
AUM accepts a minimum reading and writing score of 550
The English language proficiency requirement can be waived if you meet one or more of the following:
- You are a native speaker of English and you have completed your secondary education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language
- You are a student admitted to an institution in which English is the language of instruction and have attended at least four years
AUM reserves the right to request English test results from any applicant.
The SAT is only required from students that will obtain an American style high school diploma.
- SAT Have your scores sent directly to AUM by using our school code 7057
AUM accepts a minimum SAT score of 550 or above
Counselor or Teacher Recommendation
Invite your school counselor or a teacher to fill out our Academic Reference form on your behalf. Any instructions they may need for completing or submitting this document are included on the form. Please note that this recommendation must be returned to us by your reference and should not be sent to us by you when submitting your other documents.
Extracurricular Activities and Achievements
Any activities or achievements you would like us to take into consideration when reviewing your application can be listed and submitted in a separate document. Include this when you send in your application.
Tell us about your personal and academic goals. Briefly, in 150 words or less, share with us what you hope to accomplish in your time at AUM. Include this in a separate document with your completed application.
AUM charges a €50 non-refundable application fee. This can be paid using bank transfer, credit card, PayPal or other money transferring systems. Contact admissions for more details.
PLEASE NOTE: AUM is waiving this application fee for all applications submitted on or before 30 May, 2017
*Note: if a pass in Maltese, and/or English, and/or Mathematics is obtained within the Matriculation Certificate, either at Advanced or at Intermediate Level, a pass in such subjects in the SEC examination is not required.