American University of Malta Graduate Admission Requirements
Visit Admissions for Universities and Colleges in Malta for Details on Admissions to other Institutions
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES FOR THE MBA PROGRAM WHO ARE NON-NATIVE SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH:
- a minimum TOEFL score of 600 on the Paper-Based
- 250 on the Computer-Based
- or 100 on the Internet-Based test or 6.0 IELTS
THE FOLLOWING EXEMPTIONS FROM THE PREVIOUSLY STATED ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS RULES APPLY:
- A native speaker of English who has completed his or her undergraduate education in an English-medium institution and in a country where English is the official language
- An applicant with an undergraduate qualification from an English-medium institution who can provide evidence of acquiring a minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the Paper-Based test, or its equivalent on another approved standardized test, at the time of admission to their first-degree program
- To be eligible for admission to the MBA Program, the applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree (e.g. US Bachelor or European 3-yr initial degree, equivalent to a MQF level 6) in any discipline, and must have at least three years of work experience.
- For those who apply to the MBA program in the first year, their applications will be reviewed by specialists in the field for consistency with the program’s requirement of a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years work experience.
- Admissions standards follow the NCFHE Guidelines for Accreditation of MQF Level 7 Courses minimum entry requirements.
- Admission to a graduate program requires a TOEFL score of 600 or IELTS of 6.
TOEFL TEST: Applicants may take the TOEFL tests on line at: http://www.toefl.org (the AUM TOEFL code is 005827)