Australian Humanities Schools Survey Results
Students of the humanities have a keen interest in interpersonal and interdisciplinary associations and their collaborative effect on society. Programs in humanities cover a variety of study areas like history, literature, sociology, anthropology, and public relations. A humanities program can train students to take an analytical and critical approach to problem solving. A course in humanities helps students develop a global perspective and a finer appreciation of other cultures.
The survey results show there are a number of different universities at the top of the categories. An example of this is the University of Wollongong which has a positive response rate over 90% for teaching quality and quality of educational experience. In the area of skills development perception there are many universities with good ratings including Curtin University which has a positive response rate of over 90%. The overall satisfaction also has sees many universities at the top with both smaller and larger universities returning high scores.
NOTE: Click the column headers to sort the table
* Teach refers to the student perception of teaching quality and good teaching scale
* Skill refers to the the generic skills scale measuring student perceptions of skills development
* Exp refers to the quality of the educational experience
* Sat refers to the overall satisfaction rate
* 0 zero percentage means no response was returned from this university for this category