Australian Science Schools Survey Results
Science is a discipline that promotes exploration and discovery. It unites logic and creativity by encouraging students to think out of the box and come up with new and unheard-of concepts that they can then endeavour to prove as fact based on evidence and rational judgment. Students interested in science can pursue specialisations in areas such as astrophysics, microbiology, and biochemistry.
The survey results for science indicate there are many universities which are performing well in each of the categories including a range of smaller universities which seem to be providing positive student experiences. An example of this is the University of the Sunshine Coast which has a positive response rate of well over 90% for the teaching quality category. In the category of skills development perception, Flinders University has a positive response rate reaching into the middle 90%, a similar level reached by La Trobe University for the quality of the educational experience. In the overall satisfaction category there is a number of universities which all seem to have performed quite well.
NOTE: Click the column headers to sort the table
* Teach refers to the student perception of teaching quality and good teaching scale
* Skill refers to the the generic skills scale measuring student perceptions of skills development
* Exp refers to the quality of the educational experience
* Sat refers to the overall satisfaction rate
* 0 zero percentage means no response was returned from this university for this category