Commonwealth Scholarships for Maltese Students
20th February, 2017
MINISTRY FOR EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS 2017
- 36 months of a full time doctoral postgraduate qualification
- 12 months study in the UK on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a University in the candidate’s home country.
- Among the conditions emphasised by the United Kingdom Scholarship Commission, candidates should:
- hold by October 2017, a first degree of at least upper second class Honours level or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
- be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the U.K. academic year in September / October 2017
- Scholarships are tenable only at UK Universities with which the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission has a joint funding Agreement. Joint funding Agreements will be negotiated individually for selected candidates.
- All awards must be tenable on a full-time basis.
- Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the proposal
- Potential of the candidate to lead in the pursuit of global excellence in research and knowledge
Further details including the application form together with the Prospectus, for these scholarships can be obtained from website: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developed-cw
All candidates are to complete the Electronic Application System (EAS).
For more details contact Programme Implementation Directorate, Scholarships Unit, Floriana
Tel. +356 2598 2230
+356 2598 2250
The application deadline is Tuesday 21st March 2017, by 2359 (GMT).