8. (1) Only candidates who have completed their studies in Form V of secondary education or who attain the age of sixteen by 31 December of the year of certification shall be allowed to register for the Examination.
(2) With the exception of the subjects marked with an asterisk in regulation 4(1), registration for the Main Session of the Examination, on the appropriate application form and accompanied by the relevant fee, must be made by the closing date as published in the notice for registration. Applications submitted after the closing date but by the published date for late applications shall be accepted if an additional fee is paid.
(3) The Registrar may, at his/her discretion, accept applications for registration for the Main Session at a later date against the payment of a further additional fee.
(4) Registration for the Supplementary Session shall be made during the week following the publication of the Main Session results. Candidates shall be allowed to register for the Supplementary Session only if they had also registered for the Main Session of the examination and subject to the provisions of paragraphs (3) and (4) of regulation 5.
(5) Registration for the subjects marked with an asterisk in regulation 4 (1) shall be made by the closing date as published in the notice for registration when the candidates are commencing studies at the beginning of Form 3 (Year 9). Registration must be made on the appropriate form and accompanied by the relevant fee.
(6) Registration for the synoptic tests shall be made during the week following the release of the results of the Units. Candidates shall be allowed to register for the synoptic test only as specified in regulation 6 (8).
(7) The Registrar may, at his/her discretion, accept late applications for the Supplementary Session and the synoptic test after the closing date if an additional fee is paid.
(8) Alterations to the application form may only be made by the candidates subject to the same conditions and additional fees applicable for late registration.