How to Apply to Study Abroad in Australia
To study in Australia you’ll need to apply for both admission to an institution and also for a student visa from the Australian Government.
There are a number of steps you must go through including:
- Deciding on your preferred course and institution.
- Submitting your application to the institution.
- Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer.
- Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
- Applying for your student visa.
There is a range of entry requirements that you will need to meet both for you institution application and your visa application. This can include:
- Academic requirements.
- English language requirements.
- Evidence of funds to support your study.
- Overseas student health cover.
If you’re already living or working in Australia, you may still be able to apply to study here as an international student.
Appointed Education Agents
Education agents in your home country can also help you with applying to study in Australia. It is a requirement under the ESOS Act, that all institutions maintain a list of their appointed agents and for that list to be published on their website. Please visit the institution’s website at which you intend to study to view a list of their agents near you.